Vice President of Finance
Location: Kaloko Administrative Office
Reports to: VP of Operations
Under the supervision of the Executive Vice President of Support Services, plans, directs, organizes, and controls the financial functions of the Credit Union. Provides leadership and coordination of Credit Union financial management processes, liquidity management and budget management functions. Manages the overall operations of the Accounting Department in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures established by management and the Board of Directors. Oversees the Credit Union’s accounting function and ensures accurate and timely financial reporting. Ensures Credit Union accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate Credit Union financial management processes, financial reporting, liquidity management and budget management functions.
- Responsible for accounting and financial controls of the Credit Union.
- Establishes systems and means for effective internal control of Credit Union financial reporting.
- Responsible for financial reporting and conformity to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure financial management processes are in compliance with applicable policies, procedures and Federal regulations.
- Aligns financial policies and procedures with Credit Union objectives.
- Participates in establishment of financial policies consistent with NCUA Rules and Regulations and Federal and State Laws.
- Responsible for the Credit Union’s budgeting process including establishing assumptions, preparing reports and monitoring progress.
- Ensures proper liquidity position of the Credit Union in accordance with Credit Union policy.
- Responsible for maintaining line of credits with the Credit Union’s liquidity resources.
- Manages the overall operations of the Accounting Department.
- Directs the design and preparation of all financial/operating reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Audits and takes action as needed to ensure accuracy and correctness of all Credit Union general ledger accounts.
- Establishes benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments
- Interviews and makes hiring decisions for the authorized positions of the department.
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
- Responsible for semi-annual performance appraisals of direct reports.
- Reviews data to third-party vendor for Quarterly ALM analysis.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate Credit Union ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing when necessary.
- Work closely with Executive Vice President in the development and economic evaluations of various fringe benefit programs for staff and program components.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting for the NCUA 5300 Call Reports.
- Responsible for working with the Credit Union’s external auditors in completing the annual opinion audit.
- Responsible for working with the NCUA federal examiners in completing the periodic federal examination.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Participates in the management of the investment portfolio of the Credit Union and ensures compliance with applicable procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Conducts vender due diligence for vendors directly associated with the accounting department.
- Reviews and evaluates ALLL/CECL calculations and methodologies
- Participates in evaluating and analyzing ALM results to ensure the position at the credit union is in compliance with policies
- Makes recommendations to the EVP of Support Services in regards to dividend rates
- Serves on the Participation Loan Committee
- Report to the Board of Directors when necessary in writing and verbally
- Other duties as necessary
- Provide accounting policy orientation to new staff
- Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance department
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Credit Union policies and applicable laws.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires attention to details, concentration, logical thinking, good judgment and responsiveness in a timely manner.
- Is able to understand rules, policies and regulations.
- Ability to handle projects by prioritizing projects and meet deadlines.
- Is able to work well with people.
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
- Frequent basic and advanced mathematical skills and concepts.
- Is able to keep abreast of all regulatory and operational matters which affect the Credit Union operations
- Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
- Occasional reaching, climbing a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
- Occasional mobility around the office, including stairs
- Occasional business traveling involved, including land and air travel.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other staff.
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform Credit Union business.
- May be required to work at different branch.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
- Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or university; Masters preferred; with seven (7) or more years of related experience, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- CPA license is preferred
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
- Must be able to work alone and with others.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequent public contact.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.
Locate a shared branch online or by calling 888-748-3266.