Loan Officer I
Location: Kailua Branch
Reports to: Branch Manager
Conducts loan interviews with members and/or potential members in person or by telephone. Provides financial counseling to members and approves or denies loans. Is able to consistently coordinate most of the loan-related ac-tivities of the credit union in a timely and organized manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers telephone loan inquiries.
- Processes mail and telephone loans.
- Obtains credit bureau reports on member(s) who apply for loans.
- Verifies employment and deposit information of applicants.
- Maintains files of incomplete applications while waiting for receipt of additional information.
- Does follow-up and periodic review of incomplete applications.
- Receives requests for release of collateral, completes appropriate forms if request for release is valid, and refersforms to Loan Officer II or supervisor for proper signatures.
- Evaluates and recommends real estate and home equity loans in a timely, well documented, and thoroughly
- analyzed manner.
- Completes and processes appropriate documents to provide credit union with security interest in property whichis taken as collateral for loan.
- Insures that short term loans he or she approves are complete and accurate when closed.
- Inspects collateral to ascertain value.
- Performs construction draw inspections.
- Prepares closing documents for mortgages and perform closings.
- Creates and edits documents on lending software systems as needed.
- Contacts delinquent borrowers when directed by supervisor.
- May be required to write special loan reports when requested by supervisor.
- Assists with on-site assignment for auto dealer / credit union car sales.
- Promotes and cross sells loan products.
- Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and implements and complies with the BSA policyand procedures.
- As a member of the staff, answers incoming phone calls, assists members as the need arises, and performs workon projects as needed.
- May be called upon to train employees in area of expertise.
- Assists other co-workers when needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires attention to detail, concentration, logical thinking, good judgment and responsiveness in a timely manner.
- Is able to gather and understand rules, policies and regulations.
- Ability to handle projects by prioritizing projects and meet deadlines.
- Is able to work well with people.
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
- Is able to apply basic mathematical skills.
- Keeps abreast of Federal and State laws and regulations which affect the credit granting process of the credit union.
- Is familiar with all the loan programs of the credit union to include documents, policies, procedures and systems.
- Is able to occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
- Is able to occasionally reach or climb a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- Is able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Is able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
- Is able to move around the office on surfaces primarily of carpet.
- Is available for occasional business travel, including land and air travel.
- Is able to establish effective working relationships with other staff
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform credit union business.
- May be required to work at different branch.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
- Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school graduate / GED equivalent with three (3) year of lending experience or related field with a finan-cial institution; or
- Business school graduate with two (2) years lending experience or related field with a financial institution; or
- College graduate with one (1) year of lending experience or related field with a financial institution.
- Knowledge of computer system (IBM or IBM compatible), word processing and spreadsheet programs preferred.
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
- Must be able to work alone and with others.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequently public contact.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.
Locate a shared branch online or by calling 888-748-3266.