Loan Adjustment Specialist
Location: Kaloko Facility
Reports to: Loan Adjustment Officer
Assists the Loan Adjustment Officer for maintaining the credit union’s delinquent loans, in accordance with objectives, procedures and policies established by management and the Board of Directors. Follows up on delinquent accounts by telephone, personal contact and correspondence. Researches the activity of loan accounts to determine their status. Maintains and verifies information from various records pertaining to delinquent loans and reports to insure their correctness and completeness for timely disposition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows the established collection procedures; prepares and mails all monthly delinquent loan reminder notices, verifies their accuracy and completeness before mailing, and maintains an accurate record in the loan maintenance file.
- Follows up the delinquent notices by telephone, personal contact, and correspondence to obtain a satisfactory solution to the repayment problem.
- Files appropriate notice with the county Director of Finance as required, and maintains an accurate record of all activity that transpires on repossession accounts.
- Charges off loans and refers these accounts to the designated debts management companies.
- Maintains a current record of all accounts referred for collection.
- Files appropriate documents with District Court for small claims in a timely manner. May be called to appear in court.
- Researches member inquiries in reference to errors made to their credit report. Processes corrections online via E-Oscar Web and universal Data Forms.
- Assists member in filing Credit Disability claims.
- Receives mail from collection agencies in reference to credit counseling efforts. Submits recommendation of acceptable minimum payments to Loan Adjustment Officer.
Records Maintenance Functions:
- Retrieves daily Credit Disability reports from CUNA Mutual via internet. Records and maintains credit disability records.
- Maintains bankruptcy records and prepares quarterly report for accounting.
- Prepares monthly report of charge off loans and recoveries for accounting.
- Disburses payment for Loan Adjustments Dept and maintains GL’s: Repossession Fees, Foreclosures, Attorney fees, REO taxes, and Association Dues.
- Prepares and maintains the record of activity on PC file for delinquent loans.
- Researches loan accounts that appear on the late loan report to insure that credit union errors are detected promptly and that the member may have a full and complete explanation on the status of his/her loan.
- Assists the Loan Adjustment Officer in the preparation of the delinquency report for the Delinquent Loans Committee meeting.
- Maintains records of delinquent and charged off loans.
- Serves as the back-up to Loan Adjustment Officer.
- Provides training to Loan Adjustment personnel, as required.
- Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and implements and complies with BSA policy and procedures.
- As a member of the staff, answers incoming phone calls, assists members as the need arises, and performs work on projects as needed.
- May be called upon to train employees in area of expertise.
- Assists other co-workers when needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Is familiar with the collections side of the credit union to include documents, policies, procedures, systems, credit union philosophy, history, organization and bylaws.
- Is able to apply sound decision-making principles, logical thinking, objective problem solving skills, concentration and attention to details.
- Is able to understand rules, policies, and regulations, concepts and implement these while ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Is able to handle projects by prioritizing projects and meet deadlines.
- Is able to work independently and creatively.
- Is able to work well with people.
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
- Is able to use frequent basic mathematical skills.
- Is able to keep s abreast of all pertinent regulations, procedures, and underwriting guidelines and all applicable software applications.
- Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
- Is able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and other organizations.
- Is available for occasional business travel, including land and air travel.
- Is able to occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
- Is able to occasionally reach or climb a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- Is able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Is able to move around the office on surfaces primarily of carpet.
- May be required to work at different branches.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform credit union business.
- Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate / GED equivalent with three (3) years experience in collections or related field.
- Business college degree with two (2) years experience in collections or related field.
- College graduate with one (1) year experience in collections or related field.
- Knowledge of computer system (IBM or IBM compatible), word processing and spreadsheet programs preferred.
- Must have ability to speak to groups of people.
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
- Must be able to work alone and with others.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequent public contact.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.
Locate a shared branch online or by calling 888-748-3266.