Business Lending Manager
Location: Kaloko Facility
Reports to: EVP Member Services
Responsible for commercial lending business development functions; including sourcing commercial accounts, handling loan request, participations, and processing. Utilizes existing resources within the Credit Union’s operations to achieve desired outcomes and objectives. Ensures that lending operations are conducted in accordance with established policies and legal requirements. Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of lending functions and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the Credit Union’s commercial loan origination, processing, underwriting, and servicing functions.
- Assumes responsibility for the implementation of, and adherence to effective commercial lending policies, procedures, and planning.
- Actively networks to develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential member businesses.
- Ensures that commercial lending functions are completed in accordance with established Credit Union policies and procedures, as well as related legal requirements. Executes established operational goals and ensures corporate-wide plans are complemented and supported.
- Assists the Executive Vice President of Member Services in the development of short and long-term goals and plans. Develops strategies to solicit and originate commercial loans.
- Provides suggestions and recommendations for improved service delivery and business portfolio management. Ensures that optimal efficiency is maintained in commercial lending functions by monitoring and evaluating work quality, efficiency, and productivity. Ensures the integrity and accuracy of all commercial loan documents.
- Manages all third-party providers involved in the origination, processing, underwriting, and servicing of the Credit Union’s commercial loans.
- May serves on the Credit Union’s Participation Loans Committee.
- May approve loans up to prescribed limits, subject to all applicable Rules and Regulations.
- Coordinates and directs the development of new products and/or product enhancements.
- Originates business deposit accounts, merchant services, and other products and services suitable for member businesses.
- May be required to write special loan reports when requested by senior management.
- Discuss loan programs, alternatives, credit criteria, etc. to potential borrowers. Present loan proposals.
- Negotiate leases, listing agreements, and purchase agreements.
- Conduct periodic property inspections of commercial properties held for collateral.
- Direct repossessed property management and disposition.
- Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and implements and complies with the BSA policy and procedures.
- Assist in the collection of delinquent member business loans.
- As a member of the staff, answers incoming phone calls, assists members as the needs arise, and performs work on projects as needed.
- May be called upon to train employees in area of expertise.
- Assists coworkers when needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Keeps senior management informed of activities, significant problems, or concerns. Attend meetings as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Requires attention to detail, concentration, logical thinking, good judgment and responsiveness in a timely manner.
- Is able to research, understand and apply rules, policies and regulations.
- Is able to handle multiple projects by prioritizing projects and meet deadlines.
- Is able to establish effective working relationships with members and coworkers.
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
- Is able to use basic mathematical skills.
- Keeps abreast of Federal and State laws and regulations which affect the credit granting process of the credit union.
- Is familiar with all the loan programs of the credit union to include documents, policies, procedures and systems.
- Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
- Is able to occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull of items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
- Is able to occasionally reach, and climb a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- Is able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Is able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
- Is able to move around the office, primarily on carpeted surfaces.
- Is available for occasional business travel, including land and air travel.
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform credit union business.
- May be required to work at different branches.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to enhance job skills and knowledge.
- Must be bondable and have a clear consumer credit report.
Education And/Or Experience:
- High school graduate / GED equivalent with five (5) years of lending experience or related field with a financial institution; or
- College graduate with degree in business or finance with three to five years of lending experience or related field with a financial institution.
- Knowledge of computer system (IBM or IBM compatible), and proficient on PC word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Thorough understanding of loan documentation and closing. Understanding of commercial real estate appraisal techniques and title issues.
- Knowledge of business lending requirements, and thorough understanding of income property and construction lending.
- Knowledge of property management, collections procedures, and legal actions.
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
- Working alone and with others.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequent public contact.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.
Locate a shared branch online or by calling 888-748-3266.