We can help you avoid costly phishing scams
Take precautions with your communications
Your personal data provides a gold mine of information for criminals who go phishing. They'll try to contact you in numerous ways to get you to provide that information or to click links that automatically download malicious software to your computer or mobile device.
Scammers pose as legitimate businesses
Contact made via email, phone calls, texts and social media
Report suspicious activity immediately
Stay alert to avoid scams
Be extremely careful when opening emails and following links from businesses or institutions asking for personal information. Please note, Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union will never ask for your personal information via email or over the phone.
We want to help you stay safe online by taking these steps.
- Do not provide your personal information by following email links or responding to any unsolicited requests
- Regularly update your firewall, anti-virus and spyware detection software
- Run virus scans and clean up any viruses or trojans that are detected
- Change your passwords periodically
- Contact us immediately if you think your information has been compromised.
to visit our Security Center for more tips and information.