Posted date: February 13, 2020
Location: Kaloko Facility
Reports to: Executive Vice President - Support Services
Manage the administrative and support service activities of the Credit Union. Has overall supervisory responsibility of all support services department functions including ATM, ACH/EFT and Share Draft. Conduct analyses of business trends and existing performance indicators, make recommendations for the strategic direction of the department, including target growth goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative and Operation Functions:
- Responsible for management and administers the efficient operation of the support service department staff.
- Develop policies and procedures for support service function. Ensure that policies and procedures reflect external rules and regulations and are communicated to, and implemented by, all staff.
- Respond to the technical and operational questions or problems for Credit Union staff and make appropriate referrals, recommendations, suggestions.
- Respond to complex or problematic member questions or issues as appropriate and ensure the highest quality of member service and satisfaction.
- May develop a sales program to cross-sell products.
- Hold periodic staff meetings. Identify areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new developments, or changes in services or products. Keep staff up to date on trends and general Credit Union information.
- Prepare and disseminate information pertaining to Credit Union trends, security issues, operations, regulations, and services to department staff on a regular basis.
- Conduct or assist in conducting market research on industry trends. Recommend programs and projects beneficial to Credit Union and its members as a result of research, trends, member satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Consistently maintain and improve skills and knowledge for efficient service delivery.
- Prepare, implement, and monitor budget of the department that is consistent with the overall strategy of the Credit Union.
- Prepares reports as required and interprets statistical information for effective management control.
- Periodically coordinates Credit Union’s annual membership meeting and social committee events.
- Performs other administrative duties assigned by the Executive Vice President, Support Services.
- Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and ensures that the BSA policy and procedures are adhered by the department personnel.
Community and Public Relations Functions:
- Has the delegated authority to interview and hire employees for the authorized positions of the department.
- Responsible for at least semi-annual performance appraisal of assigned personnel.
- Makes recommendations of salary adjustments, incentive bonuses, and position changes for department personnel.
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action, and dismissal for approval by the President/CEO or his/her designate.
- Coordinates work schedules and vacation schedules for department personnel.
- Coordinates work load and work flow of department personnel; makes job assignments or reassignments as required; sets performance standards which will ensure completion of work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinates the training and cross-training of department personnel.
- Assists in coordinating the goals and objectives of the Credit Union.
- Promotes credit union services and credit union philosophy and upholds the image of the Credit Union.
- Participates in activities of the League, Chapter, and other affiliated organizations, and holds such offices as may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Is able to analyze complex rules, regulations, concepts, policies and implement requirements to ensure regulatory compliance and market competitiveness.
- Is able to analyze financial reports and financial condition of the Credit Union.
- Is able to plan, organize and implement new programs and concepts.
- Requires application of sound decision-making principles, logical thinking, problem resolution, good judgment and analysis; concentration and attention to detail.
- Is able to handle multiple projects by prioritizing projects and meeting deadlines.
- Is able to work well with people.
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
- Frequent basic mathematical skills.
- Is able to keep current on economic conditions and general market trends in the financial community and stays current on all regulatory and operational matters which affect credit union operations.
- Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
- Occasional reaching, climbing a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
- Occasional mobility around the office, surfaces of primarily carpet, including stairs.
- Occasional business traveling involved, including land and air travel.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and other organizations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform Credit Union business.
- May be required to work at different branch.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
- Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
- High school graduate / GED or equivalent with five (5) years related work experience, and working towards a Certified Credit Union Executive Certification; or
- Business college graduate with four (4) years related work experience, and working towards a Certified Credit Union Executive Certification or;
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a degree in business with three (3) years related work experience and working towards a Certified Credit Union Executive Certification.
- Knowledge of the Federal Credit Union Act, Rules and Regulations, Bylaws, Consumer Regulations and other related lending laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of computer system (IBM or IBM compatible) and proficient on word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Knowledge of Credit Union philosophy, history and organization.
- Must demonstrate managerial abilities including communication, organization, planning and leadership skills.
- Must have ability to supervise employees, handle complaints and grievances following established procedure.
- Must have ability to speak to groups of people.
- Must have ability to analyze performance issues and define training and non-training intervention to improve performance.
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting.
- Working alone and with others.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequent public contact.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.