Posted date: February 13, 2020
Location: Kaloko Branch
Reports to: Branch Manager
Responsible for the recording of payments, deposits, and withdrawals made to or from the credit union, in accordance with the objectives, procedures and policies established by management and the Board of Directors. Supervises the teller clerks and reports to his or her immediate supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains control of all change fund, petty cash, and all daily over-the-counter receipts and disbursements.
- Ensures the safekeeping of all cash and negotiable instruments.
- Responsible for over-the-counter sale of all money orders and travelers checks.
- Responsible for balancing and reconciling teller cash dispenser, ATM, and vault.
- Serves as liaison to branch manager and administrative staff; assists and directs tellers on routine job assignments.
- Ensures that all reports, records and other valuables for the teller counter area are cleared and properly secured in the vault before leaving the premises for the day.
- Scans vouchers for share withdrawals, checks, and other negotiable cash items received over-the-counter or via mail.
- Ensures proper operation of Safe Deposit Box, Night Drop, Express Box, Coin Machines, and Night Depository.
- Maintains a daily record and reconciles all checks issued for the day.
- Prepares daily deposits to bank.
- Opens and secures the vault daily.
- Responsible for balancing and verifying traveler checks.
- Holds periodic teller meeting to discuss sales, procedures, or other pertinent matters.
- Attends meetings of the Operations Committee.
- Performs monthly teller surprise cash count.
- May supervise Teller Clerks I & II in the absence of a Senior Teller.
- May operate all systems related to Individual Retirement Accounts.
- Implements procedures necessary for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures proper remediation of all Bank Secrecy Act deficiencies
- Follows proper internal controls designed to prevent fraud and misappropriation of assets.
- Ensures operations staff adhere to the standards of member service established by management.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Interviews and makes a recommendation to the Branch Manager for the authorized positions of the department.
- Responsible for at least semi-annual performance appraisals, salary adjustments, incentive bonuses.
- Submits recommendations for position changes, disciplinary actions and/or dismissals for approval by the Branch Manager.
- Coordinates work schedules and vacation schedules for Operations department personnel.
- Responsible for all equipment and the general appearance of the teller counter area.
- Ensures that adequate inventory of supplies directly connected with the department are on hand at all times and submits requisitions as needed.
- Serves in the capacity of Membership Officer.
- Ensures that the operations and security policies and procedures established by management and the Board of Directors adhered by the tellers.
- Supports the Student Credit Union operations and ensures the Student Credit Union operations run efficiently.
- Responsible for setting video camera positions daily and changing video tapes on a weekly basis.
- Provides guidance and training to Operations department personnel, as required.
- Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and ensures that the BSA policy and procedures adhered by the department personnel.
- As a member of the staff, answers incoming phone calls, assists members as the need arises, and performs work on projects when needed.
- May be called upon to train employees in area of expertise.
- Responsible for securing the opening and closing of branch office as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Requires attention to detail, concentration, logical thinking, good judgment and responsiveness in a timely manner.
- Comprehends regulations, policies, rules, and laws.
- Comprehends credit union operations to include documents, policies, procedures, systems, credit union philosophy, history, organization and bylaws.
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Is able to work well with people.
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
- Occasional reaching, climbing a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
- Occasional mobility around the office, surfaces of primarily carpet.
- Occasional business traveling involved, including land and air travel.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and other organizations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform credit union business.
- May be required to work at different branch.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
- Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
- High school graduate / GED or equivalent with four (4) years of teller experience in a financial institution; or
- Business college degree with three (3) years teller experience in a financial institution; or
- College graduate with two (2) years teller experience in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of computer system (PC or PC compatible), word processing, spreadsheet program preferred.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, compliance and laws which relates to Operations.
- Must have ability to supervise employees, handle complaints and grievances following established procedure.
- Must have ability to speak to groups of people.
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
- Working alone and with others.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequently public contact.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.