Posted date: March 22, 2019
Location: Kaloko Administrative Offices
Reports to: Supervisory Committee, President/CEO
Performs professional internal auditing work as a key component of the corporate governance structure. Work involves directing, preparing and performing a comprehensive audit program including performance, financial, and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; and providing direction to, and development of the annual audit plan. Maintains organizational and professional ethical standards. Works independently with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgement. Reports administratively and functionally to the Supervisory Committee and on administrative matters to the Chief Executive Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an annual comprehensive internal audit plan for the Credit Union based on an annual Risk Assessment.
- Perform financial, operational, performance and compliance audits in accordance with an internal audit plan.
- Coordinate the activities with the independent CPA and all applicable regulatory agencies and examiners to best utilize available resources and achieve established objectives.
- Meet with the Supervisory Committee annually to discuss and approve the scope and schedule for the coming year.
- Periodically review and discuss audit findings and other matters with the appropriate management team and departments.
- Prepare a written report for each audit conducted to be presented to the Supervisory Committee.
- Review Credit Union practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures.
- Develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, governance, risk management, and the adequacy of Credit Union records and recordkeeping.
- Report audit findings and recommendations to the Supervisory Committee based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, non-scheduled audits, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention.
- Investigate, as requested by senior management, Supervisory Committee, or the Credit Union’s Security Officer, fraud, embezzlements, and defalcations within the Credit Union. Work in cooperation with law enforcement agencies in any such cases as deemed necessary.
- Perform other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives of the Credit Union.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires attention to details, concentration, logical thinking, good judgment and responsiveness in a timely manner.
- Is able to understand rules, policies and regulations.
- Ability to handle projects by prioritizing projects and meet deadlines.
- Is able to work well with people.
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
- Is able to apply basic mathematical skills.
- Is able to keep abreast of all regulatory and operational matters which affect the Credit Union operations.
- Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with management, staff and other organizations.
- Is able to occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 words per minute accurately.
- Is able to occasionally reach or climb a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- Is able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Is able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
- Is able to move around the office on surfaces primarily of carpet.
- Is available for occasional business travel including land and air travel.
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform Credit Union business.
- May be required to work at different branch.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
- Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in related auditing position
- Designation of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred.
- Knowledge of computer system (IBM or IBM compatible), word processing and spreadsheet preferred.
- Working Conditions:
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
- Working alone and with others.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequently public contact.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.