Posted date: March 11, 2019
Location: Kaloko Facility
Reports to: Call Center Officer
Provides quality service by phone. Assists members with transactions and information on their accounts. Promotes Credit Union products and services in order to meet sales and service goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently promotes Credit Union products and services in order to meet sales goals.
- Maintains telephone occupancy times in order to meet service goals. Provides service to members in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner via telephone or correspondence.
- Efficient operation of the telephone system within established guidelines, with a firm understanding of its functionality, which includes but is not limited to:
- Not ready/make busy
- Accept/Transfer/Conference Calls
- Place Callers on hold
- Information presented on the telephone display
- Understands how telephone usage directly affects individual performance statistics
- Promptly answers incoming calls and directs calls to appropriate personnel.
- Assists members with information on their accounts, which includes but is not limited to:
- Account balances
- Deposit & Withdrawal History
- Fees & Service Charge posting
- Loan Payments, history, and due dates
- Performs non-cash related teller transactions and completes applicable forms and documentation, which includes but is not limited to:
- Transfer of funds between share accounts
- Cashier’s check issuance
- Loan Payments
- VISA Payments
- Payroll or periodic payment maintenance
- ATM/Debit Card/VISA Card replacement requests
- ATM/Debit Card/VISA Card Dispute requests
- Check reorders
- Share Certificates requests
- Stop payments on Checking accounts
- Verification of accounts, open/close accounts
- Incoming and outgoing wire transfers
- Provides information related to new account products and related services, which includes but is not limited to:
- Features and benefits information for deposit products and related services
- Annual Percentage Yield information for Deposit Account Products
- Documents information required to establish Deposit Accounts and related services
- Provides information related to loan products and related services, which includes but is not limited to:
- Features and benefits of consumer loan products and related services
- Annual Percentage Rate information
- Documents information required to apply for a consumer loan product
- Completes loan related forms accurately and within established guidelines
- Ensures safeguarding of member information by following identification and document retention policies
- Continuously checks voice mail and replies to these calls accordingly.
- Reviews product knowledge manuals and utilizes the Silver Cloud software program to keep abreast of all products and services offered by Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union.
- Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and implements and complies with the BSA policy and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires attention to detail, concentration and responsiveness in a timely manner.
- Is able to work well with people.
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
- Frequent basic mathematic skills.
- Is able to keep abreast of various regulations, which includes but is not limited to:
- U.S. Patriot Act
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Right to Financial Privacy Act
- Regulation D “Transfer Limitations”
- Regulation CC “Funds Availability Act”
- Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with members and other staff.
- Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 words per minute accurately.
- Occasional mobility around the office, surfaces of primarily carpet.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Occasional business traveling involved, including land and air travel.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional reaching, climbing a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to work at different branches.
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform credit union business.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
- Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school graduate / GED equivalent with six (6) months customer service experience in a financial institution or similar industry.
- Knowledge of computer system (IBM or IBM compatible), word processing and spreadsheet programs preferred.
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
- Working alone and with others.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequently public contact.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.