Posted date: January 29, 2021
Location: Kailua-Kona Branch
Reports to: Branch Manager / Operations Officer
Performs all in-branch back-office duties in support of branch personnel. Serves as the branch liaison to various administrative departments including Support Services, Accounting, ACH/EFT,Share Draft, Compliance, VISA, and others. Provides operational duties support to frontline staff and may also serve in a member-facing capacity as a back up to Teller Clerks or Member Service Specialists when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support Service Functions:
- Completes, or ensures the proper completion of, all necessary procedures to effect members requests for ACH transactions, distributions, and all other electronic transfers
- Completes, or ensures the proper completion of, all necessary procedures to effect wire transfers in compliance with the Dodd-Frank Act and all other applicable laws and regulations
- Completes, or ensures the proper completion of, all necessary procedures to submit written disputes of credit card, debit card, and ATM transactions to the proper department
- Initiates claims for check forgeries and all other unauthorized transactions
- Takes action to cure compliance and audit irregularities as directed by the compliance department
- Ensures the proper tracking and documentation of all monetary instruments sold
- When serving in a member-facing capacity, is able to identify needs of new and existing members and offer products and services in the same manner as a Member Service Specialist
- On an on-going basis, review laws and regulations that impact the Credit Union’s compliance requirements with emphasis on Bank Secrecy Act, Patriot Act, Suspicious Activity Report (SAR), Currency Transaction Report (CTR) and OFAC.
- Assists in proper remediation of any Bank Secrecy Act deficiencies.
- Coordinates communication of Fraud Alerts, procedures, and all other vital information to Operations staff in a timely manner.
- Assists Support Services staff in solving issues or questions about ACH/EFT, share draft program, ATM issues, domestic and international wire transfers and branch compliance.
- Assists in operating all systems related to Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), including mailing letters to members as they become eligible for Required Mandatory Distributions (RMDs), the processing of monthly RMDs, assisting members with account transaction research when needed and processing IRA corrections to the IRS and State of Hawaii.
- Serves as a back-up to the Tellers and Member Services Specialist; performing essential job functions of a Teller Clerk I/II and Member Services Specialist as listed in the job descriptions.
- Assists in the creation or enhancement of procedures for operations department
- Provides clerical support to all branch personnel
- Provides support to branch personnel to ensure the proper operation and/or reconciliation of Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), Teller Cash Dispensers (TCDs), self-service coin machines, and all other cash dispensers or receptacles
- Provides support to branch personnel to ensure proper operation of Night Depository, Night Drop, and Express Box
- Works with various administrative personnel to provide all necessary internal reports
- Participates on Operations Committee and attends all meetings
- May be called upon to train employees in areas of expertise.
- Become a Notary Public to support member requests.
- Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and implements and complies with the BSA policy and procedures.
- As a member of the staff, answers incoming phone calls; assists members and co-workers as needs arise; and performs work on projects as needed.
- May be called upon to serve on other Credit Union committees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. In addition, the individual must conform to all of the Credit Union’s standards of service excellence. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Requires attention to details, concentration, logical thinking, good judgment and responsiveness in a timely manner.
- Is able to understand rules, policies and regulations.
- Is able to handle projects by prioritizing activities and meet deadlines.
- Is able to work well with people.
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
- Is able to apply basic mathematical skills.
- Is able to keep abreast of all regulatory and operational matters which affect the Credit Union operations.
- Is able to handle somewhat challenging situations with little supervision.
- Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
- Is able to occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Is able to operate 10 key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
- Is able to occasionally reach and climb a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- Is able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Is able to communicate clearly in person, over the phone and/or in writing.
- Is able to occasionally move around the office on surfaces primarily of carpet.
- Is able to occasionally travel for business, including land and air travel.
- Is able to establish effective working relationships with other staff at all levels.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform Credit Union business.
- May be required to work at different branch.
- May be required to accompany Marketing Department for on-site visit with small employee groups or participate with Marketing Department activities outside the branch.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
- Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
- High school graduate / GED equivalent with two (2) years of experience in a financial institution as a teller or new accounts representative or related work experience; or
- Business school graduate with one (1) year experience in a financial institution as a teller or new accounts representative or related work experience.
- Knowledge of computer system (PC or PC compatible), word processing and spreadsheet preferred.
- Possesses, or working towards, various certifications in the areas of IRA, Compliance, ACH/EFT, and other applicable subject matter.
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
- Is able to work alone and with others.
- The environment involves a moderate noise level.
- Requires frequent public contact.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.