To operate the branch office of this credit union in accordance with the objectives and policies established by management and the Board of Directors. Has overall supervisory responsibility of administration and operation, loans, personnel functions, community and public relations of the branch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative and Operation Functions:
• Is responsible for the safekeeping of all cash and negotiable instruments, as well as furniture and equipment on the credit union premises.
• Ensures timely processing and accurate maintenance of all business transactions of the branch, may delegate to an appropriate staff member the responsibility of insuring the accuracy of all control totals, receipts and disbursements.
• Authorizes corrections or adjustments, and reports any unusual adjustments.
• Administers the efficient delivery of all branch services.
• Prepares reports as required and interprets statistical information for effective management control.
• Holds regular staff meetings to discuss any pertinent information necessary for the efficient running of the branch operations.
• Administers the efficient operation of Student Credit Union, if any.
• Oversees and approves merchant services, if any.
• Maintains and upkeeps the branch equipment and facility.
• Serves as branch security officer and provides robbery, bomb and emergency procedures training to staff.
• May periodically coordinate credit union events.
• Develops budgets for loan growth, deposit growth, staffing, and branch improvements.
• Incorporates into budgeted forecasts any trends, data, and projections that are unique to the specific branch.
• Operates or establishes procedures necessary to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, laws, and policies.
• Administers all branch systems of internal controls designed to prevent, detect, or mitigate the risks of fraud, non-compliance, and financial misstatement.
• Performs other administrative duties assigned by the Executive Vice President Member Services.
• Directs branch lending activities toward the achievement of goals and objectives established by management and the board of directors.
• Actively seeks sources for new loan business.
• Is responsible for the accurate maintenance of all branch loan records, may delegate to an appropriate staff member.
• Complies with lending policies and procedures set forth by the Board of Directors.
• Complies with Federal and State lending regulations and laws.
• May perform all duties related to origination, processing, and underwriting loans.
• Has delegated authority to approve loans within specified limits.
• Operates or establishes procedures to ensure timely loan processing.
• Assists with the delinquent loan collection efforts of the branch.
• Ensures the completeness and thoroughness of all real estate loans applications prior to submission for loan closing.
• Submits recommendations for accelerated collection action to the Loan Adjustment Officer when required on certain delinquent loans.
• Responsible for interviewing potential employees for the branch.
• Responsible for at least semi-annual performance appraisal of assigned personnel.
• Makes recommendations of salary adjustments, incentive bonuses, and position changes of assigned personnel.
• Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and dismissal for approval by the President/CEO or his/her designate.
• Coordinates work schedules and vacation schedules for branch personnel.
• Coordinates work load and work flow of branch personnel; makes job assignments or reassignments as required; sets performance standards which will ensure completion of work in a timely and accurate
• Coordinates the training and cross-training of branch personnel.
• Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and ensures that the BSA policy and procedures adhered by the department personnel.
Community and Public Relations Functions:
• Assists in coordinating the goals and objectives of the credit union.
• Promotes credit union services and credit union philosophy, and upholds the image of the credit union.
• Participates in activities of the League, Chapter, and other affiliated organizations, and holds such offices as may be required.
• Assists President/CEO and Executive Vice President with the public relations program of the credit union.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
• Requires attention to details, application of sound decision-making principles, concentration, logical thinking, resourcefulness, good judgment and responsiveness in a timely manner
• Is familiar with all related laws and regulations applicable to the Credit Union to ensure compliance
• Is able to research, understand, and apply rules, policies and regulations
• Is able to handle multiple projects by prioritizing projects and meet deadlines.
• Is able to establish effective working relationships with members and coworkers.
• Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
• Is able to use basic mathematical skills.
• Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
• Is able to occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull items weighing up to (twenty) 20 pounds.
• Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
• Occasional reaching, climbing a ladder to reach upper shelving.
• Is able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Is able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
• Is able to move around the office, primarily on carpeted surfaces.
• Is available for occasional business travel, including land and air travel.
• May be required to use his/her personal car to perform credit union business.
• May be required to work at different branch.
• May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
• May be required to attend seminars or classes to enhance job skills and knowledge.
• Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High school graduate / GED or equivalent with five (5) years management experience in a financial institution or related work experience, and working towards a Certified Credit Union Executive Certification; or
• Business college graduate with four (4) management experience in a financial institution or related work experience, and working towards a Certified Credit Union Executive Certification or;
• Graduate of an accredited college or university with a degree in business with three (3) years management experience in a financial institution or related work experience, and working towards a Certified Credit Union Executive Certification.
• Knowledge of the Federal Credit Union Act, Rules and Regulations, Bylaws, Consumer Regulations and other related lending laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of computer system (IBM or IBM compatible) and proficient on PC word processing and spreadsheet programs.
• Must demonstrate managerial abilities including communication, organization, planning and leadership skills.
• Must have ability to supervise employees, handle complaints and grievances following established procedure.
• Must have ability to speak to groups of people.
• Must have ability to analyze performance issues and define training and non-training intervention to improve performance.
• Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
• Working alone and with others.
• Moderate noise level.
• Frequent public contact.
• Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.