Current Rates Discover the latest rates for our full array of services
Savings Rates Rates for share savings, checking and IRA accounts
Effective Date: March 1, 2012
|Type of Account||Dividend Rate||Annual Percentage Yield (APY)||Minimum Deposit to Open Account||Average Daily Balance to Avoid Service Fee||Average Daily Balance to Obtain APY Disclosed|
|Share Savings Account||0.15%||0.1501%||$50.00||None||$50.00|
|Secondary Share Account||0.15%||0.1501%||None||None||None|
|Construction Loan Share Account*||0.20%||0.2002%||None||None||None|
|Real Estate Fee**||0.00%||0.00%||None||None||None|
|Christmas Club Account||0.15%||0.1501%||$5.00||None||$5.00|
|Check Advantage Account||0.00%||0.00%||None||None||None|
|Individual Retirement Account||1.00%||1.0046%||$5.00||None||$5.00|
|* This account may only be used in conjunction with a member's approved contruction loan.|
|** This account may only be used in conjunction with a member's approved loan.|
This Truth-in-Savings Disclosure and the accompanying Fee Schedule (together referred to as the "Disclosure") sets forth certain conditions, rates, fees, and charges that may be applicable to your share account and sub-share accounts at the Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union (referred to as the "Credit Union"). The Credit Union may amend the information contained in this Disclosure from time to time. Each member and/or account holder agrees to the terms contained in this Disclosure and the accompanying Fee Schedule and acknowledges that this Disclosure and Fee Schedule are made a part of the Account Agreement and Disclosure document. The information contained in this Disclosure has an effective date as indicated above.
OTHER Truth-in-Savings DISCLOSURES
Except as specifically described, the following disclosures apply to all accounts:
1. Rate Information. The dividend rate and annual percentage yield for your accounts are disclosed above. The Annual Percentage Yield is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of dividends paid on an account, based on the dividend rate and the frequency of compounding for a 365-day period. The dividend rate and annual percentage yield may change monthly as determined by the Credit Union's Board of Directors.
2. Nature of Dividends. Dividends are paid from current income and available earnings after required transfers to reserves at the end of a dividend period.
3. Compounding and Crediting. Dividends will be compounded and credited on the last day of each month. The Dividend Period for each account is monthly. The Dividend Period begins on the first calendar day of the period and ends on the last calendar day of the period. If you close your account before dividends are credited you will not receive accrued dividends.
4. Minimum balance requirements. The respective minimum balances required to open an account, to avoid the imposition of a fee, and to obtain the stated dividend rate and corresponding annual percentage yield are set forth in the chart above. If the average daily balance during any month is below $50 in your Share Savings Account or Club Account, or below $5 in your Christmas Club Account or IRA, that account will not earn any dividends and you will not obtain the disclosed annual percentage yield for that account.
5. Balance computation method. Dividends are calculated by the average daily balance method, which applies a periodic rate to the average daily balance in your account for the period. The average daily balance is calculated by adding the balance in the account for each day of the dividend period and dividing that figure by the number of days in the dividend period.
6. Accrual of dividends. Dividends will begin to accrue on the business day you deposit cash and non-cash items (e.g. checks) to your account.
7. Fees and charges. The fees and charges that may be assessed against your account are set forth in the Fee Schedule.
8. Transaction limitations. During any calendar month you may not make more than six (6) withdrawals or transfers to another Credit Union account or to a third party by means of a pre-authorized or automatic transfer or telephone order or instruction. No more than three (3) of the six (6) transfers may be made by check, draft, CUTEL ATM card, CALL24, E-Branch Online Services, InstaCard, if applicable, or similar order to a third party. The computer system may not permit you to exceed these transaction limitations. If you exceed the transfer limitations set forth above in any calendar month your account will be subject to a service fee. These limitations are not applicable to your checking account except for the transfer limitations.
9. Christmas club accounts. If you have a Christmas Club account, it will be automatically renewed on the first business day after January 31. You must maintain the minimum deposit of Five Dollars ($5.00) for the automatic renewal to take effect or your Christmas Club account will be closed.
10. Current dividend rates and corresponding annual percentage yields. The dividend rates and annual percentage yields appearing in this Schedule are accurate and effective for share accounts as of the effective date indicated above.
11. Bylaw requirements. A member who fails to complete payment of one share within of his admission to membership, or from the increase in par value in shares, or a member who reduces his share balance below the par value of one share and does not increase the balance to at least the par value of one share of the reduction may be terminated from membership at the end of a dividend period. Shares may be transferred only from one member to another, by written instrument in such form as the Credit Union may prescribe. The Credit Union reserves the right, at any time, to require members to give, in writing, not more than 60 days notice of intention to withdraw the whole or any part of the amount paid in by them. No member may withdraw shareholdings that are pledged as required as security on loans without the written approval of the credit committee or a loan officer, except to the extent that such shares exceed the member's total primary and contingent liability to the Credit Union. No member may withdraw any shareholdings below the amount of his or her primary or contingent liability to the Credit Union if the member is delinquent as a borrower, or if borrowers for whom the member is a comaker, endorser or guarantor are delinquent, without the written approval of the credit committee or loan officer.
12. PAR VALUE OF SHARES. The par value of a regular share in this Credit Union is $50.00. The dividend period of the Credit Union is monthly.
13. NATIONAL CREDIT UNION SHARE INSURANCE FUND. Member accounts in this Credit Union are federally insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund.
14. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS. You agree that the account will be used for personal, family or household purposes and not for business purposes. You acknowledge and agree that this is a material inducement to our allowing the account to be opened and maintained; and that we have no obligation or duty to monitor use of the account.
If this Truth-in-Savings Disclosure was given to you as a result of your request for information, please note that the dividend rates and corresponding annual percentage yields disclosed above may change each month as determined by the Credit Union's Board of Directors. For the most current dividend rates and the corresponding annual percentage yields on the accounts shown above, please call 322-9666 (neighbor islands call 1-877-331-3148) Monday through Thursday between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., except on holidays. You may also call our phone teller system (CALL24) at 329-9440 (neighbor islands call 1-800-303-9440).