About Us We have a long, rich history here in the islands. Find out why you should join our HCFCU ohana.
Job Openings Loan Adjustment Clerk I
Performs general clerical duties in the delinquent loan department under the supervision and control of the Loan Adjustment Officer. Follows up on delinquent accounts by telephone, personal contact and correspondence. Researches the activity of loan accounts to determine their status. Maintains various records pertaining to delinquent loans and verifies information from various records and reports to insure their correctness and completeness for timely disposition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows the established collection procedures; prepares and mails all monthly delinquent loan reminder notices, verifies their accuracy and completeness before mailing, and maintains an accurate record in the loan maintenance file.
- Follows up the delinquent notices by telephone, personal contact, and correspondence to obtain a satisfactory solution to the repayment problem.
- Provides clerical assistance to the Loan Adjustment Officer in all areas involved in the department.
- Files appropriate notice with the county Director of Finance as required, and maintains an accurate record of all activity that transpires on repossession accounts.
- Under supervision, charges off loans and refers these accounts to the designated agencies for collection.
- Maintains a current record of all accounts referred for collection.
Records Maintenance Functions:
- Prepares and maintains the record of activity on PC file for delinquent loans.
- Researches loan accounts that appear on the late loan report to insure that credit union errors are detected promptly and that the member may have a full and complete explanation on the status of his/her loan.
- Assists the Loan Adjustment Officer in the preparation of the delinquency report for the Delinquent Loans Committee meeting.
- Maintains records of delinquent and charged off loans.
- Performs the duties of the loan clerk as necessary.
- Provides, in person or by telephone, routine information covering credit union services or policies including, but not limited to what a credit union is; eligibility for membership; how to apply for membership; types of accounts available; insurance coverage of shares and loans; loan policy; interest rates charged on loans; how interest is computed on loans; how dividends on shares are computed; how to start, stop or change a payroll deduction/direct deposit; the location of the credit union offices, office hours and telephone services.
- Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and implements and complies with the BSA policy and procedures.
- As a member of the staff, answers incoming phone calls, assists members as the need arises, and performs work on projects as needed.
- May be called upon to train employees in area of expertise.
- Assists other co-workers when needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires attention to detail, concentration and responsiveness in a timely manner.
- Is able to work well with people.
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
- Frequent basic mathematic skills.
- Is able to keep abreast of all regulatory and operational matters which affect the collection program.
- Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
- Occasional reaching, climbing a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
- Occasional mobility around the office, surfaces of primarily carpet.
- Occasional business traveling involved, including land and air travel.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other staff.
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform credit union business.
- May be required to work at different branch.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
- Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate / GED equivalent with one (1) year experience in collections or related field.
- Knowledge of computer system (IBM or IBM compatible), word processing and spreadsheet programs preferred.
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
- Working alone and with others.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequently public contact.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.