About Us We have a long, rich history here in the islands. Find out why you should join our HCFCU ohana.
Job Openings Branch Manager
To operate the branch office of this credit union in accordance with the objectives and policies established by management and the Board of Directors. Has overall supervisory responsibility of administration and operation, loans, personnel functions, community and public relations of the branch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative and Operation Functions:
- Is responsible for the safekeeping of all cash, money orders, cashiers checks and traveler checks, as well as furniture and equipment on the credit union premises.
- Ensures timely processing and accurate maintenance of all business transactions of the branch, may delegate to an appropriate staff member the responsibility of insuring the accuracy of all control totals, receipts and disbursements.
- Authorizes corrections or adjustments, and reports any unusual adjustments.
- Administers the efficient operation of ATM and Safe Deposit Box.
- Prepares reports as required and interprets statistical information for effective management control.
- Holds regular staff meetings to discuss any pertinent information necessary for the efficient running of the branch operations.
- Administers the efficient operation of Student Credit Union, if any.
- Oversees and approves merchant services, if any.
- Maintains and upkeep the branch equipments and facility.
- Serves as branch security officer and provides robbery, bomb and emergency procedures training to staff.
- Periodically coordinates credit union’s annual membership meeting and social committee events.
- Performs other administrative duties assigned by the Executive Vice President Member Services.
- Is responsible for the accurate maintenance of all branch loan records, may delegate to an appropriate staff member.
- Complies with lending policies and procedures set forth by the Board of Directors.
- Complies with Federal and State lending regulations and laws.
- Interviews loan applicants and makes decisions on all applications within the manager’s delegated authority.
- Keeps applicants informed by giving them an appropriate explanation of the status of their application.
- Assists with the loan adjustment efforts for the branch.
- Oversees credit union’s mortgage processing, documentation, and compliance to secondary market guidelines and internal policies.
- Ensures the soundness and thoroughness of all real estate loans prior to closing.
- Submits recommendations to the Executive Vice President Member Services on all uncollectible loans.
- Has the delegated authority to interview and hire employees for the authorized positions of the branch.
- Responsible for at least semi-annual performance appraisal of assigned personnel.
- Makes recommendations of salary adjustments, incentive bonuses, position changes of assigned personnel.
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and dismissal for approval by the President/CEO or his/her designate.
- Coordinates work schedules and vacation schedules for branch personnel.
- Coordinates work load and work flow of branch personnel; makes job assignments or reassignments as required; sets performance standards which will ensure completion of work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinates the training and cross-training of branch personnel.
- Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and ensures that the BSA policy and procedures adhered by the department personnel.
Community and Public Relations Functions:
- Assists in coordinating the goals and objectives of the credit union.
- Promotes credit union services and credit union philosophy, and upholds the image of the credit union.
- Participates in activities of the League, Chapter, and other affiliated organizations, and holds such offices as may be required.
- Assists President/CEO and Executive Vice President with the public relations program of the credit union.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Is able to analyze complex rules, regulations, concepts, policies and implement requirements to ensure regulatory compliance and market competitiveness.
- Is able to analyze financial reports and financial condition of the branch.
- Is able to plan, organize and implement new programs and concepts.
- Requires application of sound decision-making principles, logical thinking, problem resolution, good judgment and analysis; concentration and attention to detail.
- Is able to handle multiple projects by prioritizing projects and meet deadlines.
- Is able to work well with people.
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
- Frequent basic mathematical skills.
- Is able to keep current on economic conditions and general market trends in the financial community, and stays current on all Federal and State legislative matters affecting credit unions.
- Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
- Occasional reaching, climbing a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
- Occasional mobility around the office, surfaces of primarily carpet.
- Occasional business traveling involved, including land and air travel.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and other organizations.
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform credit union business.
- May be required to work at different branch.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
- Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate / GED or equivalent with five (5) years management experience in a financial institution or related work experience, and working towards a Certified Credit Union Executive Certification; or
- Business college graduate with four (4) management experience in a financial institution or related work experience, and working towards a Certified Credit Union Executive Certification or;
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a degree in business with three (3) years management experience in a financial institution or related work experience, and working towards a Certified Credit Union Executive Certification.
- Knowledge of the Federal Credit Union Act, Rules and Regulations, Bylaws, Consumer Regulations and other related lending laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of computer system (IBM or IBM compatible) and proficient on PC word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Knowledge of credit union philosophy, history and organization.
- Must demonstrate managerial abilities including communication, organization, planning and leadership skills.
- Must have ability to supervise employees, handle complaints and grievances following established procedure.
- Must have ability to speak to groups of people.
- Must have ability to analyze performance issues and define training and non-training intervention to improve performance.
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
- Working alone and with others.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequent public contact.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Employees are expected to follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by a supervisor.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.