About Us We have a long, rich history here in the islands. Find out why you should join our HCFCU ohana.
Job Openings Accounting Clerk
Under the supervision and control of the Bookkeeper provided support for the accounting department. Responsible for all other assigned accounting duties. Maintains a high degree of accuracy, speed and general knowledge of and about the books of the Credit Union.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Upon receipt, processes general ledger entries for return items from the depository bank
- Tracks documentation of bank account discrepancies sent to branches via Debit and Credit Memo Log and ensures timely resolution
- Processes general ledger entries for outgoing wire transfers
- Assists Assistant Bookkeeper/Account Clerk II in scanning and attaching image to transaction in Prologue
- Assists Assistant Bookkeeper/Account Clerk II with filing paid invoices
On a monthly basis, processes printing and distribution of member Certificate Dividends and IRA distribution payments by check
- Reconciles the following daily:
- Credit Union Balancing
- Processes and posts CU Daily Summaries by branch and Department Daily Summaries. Reconciles suspense accounts 801.99, and 729.20
- Payroll Receivable – 729.11
- Posting ACH Clearing House settlements – 729.30
- Visa Adjustments in Process – 802.20
- ACH Exceptions – 873.50
- Teller Exchange – 739.20
- Cash Over and Short – 330.00
- Collateral Protection – 729.90
- AP ACH Items – 801.90
- Teller Out of Balance – 870.00
- Payroll Suspense – 875.00
Reconciles the following monthly:
- Bank of Hawaii account reconciliations for Kohala Honokaa and Kaloko branches
- Assists the Account Clerk II with accounts for Kealakekua and Kailua branches as needed
- Assumes responsibilities of the Account Clerk II in his/her absence
- ON a weekly basis, assists Account Clerk II in preparing and transmitting the Federal Reserve Report (Form 2900)
- Researches member accounts as required
- Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and implements and complies with the BSA policy and procedures
- As a member of the staff, answers incoming phone calls; assists members and co-workers as needs arise; and performs work on projects as needed
- Trains employees in area of expertise as required
- Completes CUES (Credit Union Digital University) courses as assigned
- Attends all other mandatory staff and compliance training
- Actively seeks opportunities to cross sell appropriate and applicable products and services offered by the Credit Union
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Requires superior written and oral communication skills, attention to details, application of sound decision-making principles, concentration, logical thinking, resourcefulness, good judgment and responsiveness in a timely manner
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations
- Is familiar with the responsibilities of accounting departments in a credit union including reports, policies, procedures, systems, credit union philosophy, history, organization ethical standards and bylaws
- Is able to apply basic mathematical skills
- Is able to handle multiple assignments by prioritizing projects and meeting deadlines
- Is able to establish effective working relationships with members, staff and other organizations
- Is able to keep abreast of all regulatory and operational matters which affect the accounting program
- Is able to maintain dedication to high ethical standards of professional and personal conduct in the best interest of the Credit Union membership
- Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Is able to operate 10 key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
- Occasional reaching, climbing a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
- Occasional mobility around the office, surfaces of primarily carpet.
- Occasional business traveling involved, including land and air travel.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other staff.
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform Credit Union business.
- May be required to work at different branch.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
- Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate / GED equivalent with one (1) year of experience in accounting
- Knowledge of computer system (IBM or IBM compatible), word processing and spreadsheet preferred.
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
- Working alone and with others.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequently public contact.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. All employees are expeted to follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.