About Us We have a long, rich history here in the islands. Find out why you should join our HCFCU ohana.
Job Openings Business Lending Manager
Responsible for commercial lending business development functions; including sourcing commercial accounts, handling loan requests, participations, and processing, and property management. In most instances, this role is that of an individual contributor, although it interacts with all lending areas of the Credit Union. Oversees and monitors the commercial loan portfolio. Ensures that lending operations are conducted in accordance with established policies and legal requirements. Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of lending functions and services.
ESSENTIALS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes responsibility for the implementation of, and adherence to effective commercial lending policies, procedures, and planning.
- Actively networks and sources deals for the Credit Union according to the guidelines imposed by the Senior Management team and the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that commercial lending functions are completed in accordance with established Credit Union policies and procedures, as well as related legal requirements. Executes established operational goals and ensures corporate-wide plans are complemented and supported.
- Assists the Vice President, Retail Delivery development with short and long-term goals and plans. Ensures attainment of commercial loan strategies to solicit and originate loans using streamlined underwriting and processing methods.
- Provides suggestions and recommendations for improved service delivery and business portfolio management. Ensures that optimal efficiency is maintained in commercial lending functions by monitoring and evaluating work quality, efficiency, and productivity. Ensures the integrity and accuracy of all commercial loan documents.
- May be required to write special loan reports when requested by the Vice President, Credit Policy & Administration.
- Discuss loan programs, alternatives, credit criteria, etc. to potential borrowers. Present loan proposals.
- Negotiate leases, listing agreements, and purchase agreements.
- Conduct periodic property inspections of commercial loan portfolio properties.
- Direct repossessed property management and disposition.
- Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and implements and complies with the BSA policy and procedures.
- As a member of the staff, answers incoming phone calls, assists members as the needs arise, and performs work on projects as needed.
- May be called upon to train employees in area of expertise.
- Assists co-workers when needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Keeps the senior management team informed of activities, significant problems, or concerns. Attend meetings as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires attention to detail, concentration, logical thinking, good judgment and responsiveness in a timely manner.
- Is able to gather and understand rules, policies and regulations.
- Ability to handle projects by prioritizing projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other staff.
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
- Frequent basic mathematical skills.
- Keeps abreast of Federal and State laws and regulations which affect the credit granting process of the credit union.
- Is familiar with all the loan programs of the credit union to include documents, policies, procedures and systems.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
- Occasional reaching, climbing a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
- Occasional mobility around the office, surfaces of primarily carpet.
- Occasional business traveling involved, including land and air travel.
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform credit union business.
- May be required to work at different branches.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
- Must be bondable and have a clear consumer credit report.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate / GED equivalent with eight (8) years of Commercial lending experience or related field with a financial institution; or
- Business school graduate with five (5) years Commercial lending experience or related field with a financial institution; or
- College graduate with degree in business or finance with three (3) year of Commercial lending experience or related field with a financial institution.
- Knowledge of computer system (IBM or IBM compatible), word processing and spreadsheet programs preferred.
- Thorough understanding of loan documentation and closing. Understanding of commercial real estate appraisal techniques and title issues.
- Knowledge of business lending requirements, and thorough understanding of income property and construction lending.
- Knowledge of property management, collections procedures, and legal actions.
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
- Working alone and with others.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequently public contact.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.